Drag Race Competition - Terms & Conditions
Additional Terms and Conditions
Idris Elba “Monte Carlo” Promotion – 06/07/2015 – 10/08/2015
The following additional terms and conditions form part of the promotion information and rules for the above Competition, and should be read in conjunction with Discovery’s Competition General Terms and Conditions:
For the avoidance of doubt if there is any inconsistency between these additional terms and conditions and the General Competition Terms and Conditions, these additional terms and conditions shall prevail.
- By entering this Competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these additional terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The Competition is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents only, excluding employees of Promoter (details of which are set out in paragraph 18) and their families, the Promoter’s agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organized group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- Entrants must be eighteen (18) years old and above and must hold a full UK valid driving licence. Proof of identification may be required at the request of the Promoter. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified herein. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- Entrants expressly declare and represent that (i) they submit to English law and jurisdiction in participating in this Competition and (ii) they are individuals and not a company or any professional and/or commercial entity.
- This promotion will run from 06/07/2015 to 10/08/2015. The closing time for receipt of entries for each monthly Competition is 23:59 on the closing date indicated above. The Competition will be limited to one entry per person.
- By entering, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter. Further the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of the winner in any publicity.
- Method of Entry: The Competition can be entered for free online via the Promoter’s Competition website Entrants will have to complete the following steps to enter the prize draw:
- Load the ”Drag Race” game;
- Choose “Career” mode; and
- Register and set up an account via Facebook or by online form.
Once entrants have registered, they will be entered in the prize draw. For the avoidance of doubt entrants do not have to play the game to be entered into the prize draw. If entrants choose “Single Race” in the options menu they will not be entered into the prize draw.
All entries will be moderated to ensure they meet the criteria set, any entry not meeting the minimum criteria may be disqualified or amended in Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Prize: There shall be one prize (valued at £189) consisting of a “Monte Carlo” Half Day rallying experience for the prize winner and one guest at the London Rally School. Full details of the prize can be accessed on http://www.rally-school.com/rally-driving-courses/course-half-day-monte.asp. Prize also includes additional liability insurance for each driver (valued at £15 per driver, total value of £30). The winner and their guest will have to make their own travel arrangements to and from the London Rally School. The experience must be booked and redeemed by 22/04/2016.
- The draws will take place within seven (7) days of the closing date the Competition. The winner will be contacted on the day of the prize draw, via email if they registered using the online form, or via Facebook if they registered using their Facebook account. The winner must claim their prize within ten (10) days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these additional terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition, modify these terms and conditions prior to the closing date, vary details of the prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The prize is subject to availability. In the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be taken by the winner unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
- The prize shall be awarded to the first entry drawn at random from all valid entrants who have registered for the Drag Race game. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s details: Discovery Communications Europe Limited, Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom. Company number: 05039068.